Complete Magnetic Compass Service
"Captain Kaufmann's 30+ years as a navigator and boat captain give him a unique advantage and a special insight into the use, performance and practical problems associated with all types of magnetic compasses."
- Steve Stuttman, Chief Technical Officer, Ocean Robots LLC
- Does your ship's magnetic steering compass indicate correctly? Does it agree with the ship's heading data from other sources, such as GPS, autopilot heading systems, land ranges and chart plotting systems?
- An incorrect compass is not only a navigational hazard because it indicates a wrong heading, an uncorrected magnetic compass will perform 'sluggishly' (or not at all!) because of the effects of the interfering magnetic fields aboard the ship.
- Compass adjustments performed on all sizes and types of vessels using traditional Sun Azimuth and Pelorus techniques as well as portable gyro and ship's electronic systems.
- Autopilot and Fluxgate compasses a specialty.
- Deviation card and analysis of residual deviations and transient deviation effects provided for every compass adjustment.
- Free estimates
- Factory authorized repairs for all major models
- Prompt service
Compass Installation Solutions
- Heeling magnet systems
- Under-console corrector systems
- Let Cape Compass help you select the correct compass for your application